Work will officially begin this week on WorkSafe’s new head office at 1 Malop Street in Geelong.
WorkSafe Chief Executive Clare Amies and Chairman Paul Barker visited the site last week to hear Minister for Finance Robin Scott make the announcement.
Quintessential Equity Directors Shane Quinn and Harry Rosenberg also attended, along with senior representatives from Built.
The $120 million project, which will transform Geelong city’s skyline, is due for completion in 2018.
Work will start on demolishing empty buildings at the rear of the site and internal structural works to support and protect the facade of the historic Dalgety & Co building.
Ms Amies said the beginning of work at the site was both a significant step in the development and an exciting moment for WorkSafe.
“This is an important milestone for WorkSafe because it means we are another step closer to becoming part of the fabric of Geelong,” she said.
“Each WorkSafe employee plays an important role in making a real difference to the lives of people in Victoria and we are looking forward to bringing this commitment and passion to Geelong.”
More than 150 WorkSafe employees will move to Geelong in December to work out of the TAC head office at 60 Brougham Street, with the remainder of staff to make the move in 2018 upon completion of the new building.
Public enquiries: Call the WorkSafe Advisory Service on 1800 136 089 between 8:30am and 5pm Monday to Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Advisory Service, PO Box 4306, Melbourne, 3001.